Ultralife is seeking highly motivated individuals to support the fast-paced production process throughout various stages while ensuring quality standards are met or exceeded for their government and defense and commercial customers; such as the medical device metering, and energy storage markets across the globe.
First shift: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Overtime availability required as needed (10 shifts and/or Saturday 6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. shift)
The hourly rate for this position ranges from $16.50 to $17.50. This range is an estimate, based on potential employee qualifications, operational needs and other considers permitted by law.
- HS Diploma or GED preferred.
- Experience in a fast-paced manufacturing setting preferred.
- Soldering experience preferred, IPC Soldering Certification a plus.
- High level of initiative and strong work ethic.
- Experience in reading, understanding, and following job instructions to complete tasks.
- Ability to remain focused on repetitive tasks with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work within tight tolerances.
- Basic math skills (counting, adding, and subtracting).
- Prior experience in the following areas is strongly preferred:
- Use of measuring equipment (ex. scales and calipers)
- Computer-based testing
- Understanding of percentages and ability to read and convert measurements
- Convert units of measurement (kilograms to pounds, inches to millimeters, etc.) preferred.
- Ability to operate a fork truck or powered walkie preferred.
Physical Requirements – Occasional = 1% – 33%, Frequent = 34% – 66%, Continuous = 67% – 100%
- Continuous sitting or standing/walking for majority of the workday, depending on operation.
- Frequent use of hand coordination.
- Occasional to frequent use of arms to reach.
- Ability to bend (during Cathode or Packaging duties) and twist (during Cathode duties) frequently.
- Some operations require the frequent use of a foot pedal.
- Ability to grip at least 15-25lbs of pressure.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 35lbs.
- Ability to pinch at least 5lbs of pressure.
- Ability to push and pull up to 40lbs occasionally.
- Ability to work within Cathode department; dust/air quality and/or subject to elevated temperature environment.
- Ability to work within Dry Room; exposure to changes in temperature and humidity
Work as part of a team having responsibility for assembling an entire product or component of a product. Team assemblers can perform all tasks conducted by the team in the assembly process and rotate through all or most of them, rather than being assigned to a specific task on a permanent basis. May participate in making management decisions affecting the work. Includes team leaders who work as part of the team.
Mean Entry Level Experienced
$42,000 $31,900 $47,100
Data for Team Assemblers 51-2092
Wage data are as of 2023Q1