The Herbert W. Vanden Brul Entrepreneurial Award is “presented annually to an individual or business that has improved the economic life of Greater Rochester or whose innovation management skills have changed the course of an existing business” (https://saunders.rit.edu, 2019) by Saunders College of Business at RIT. Mr. Mandina, President of Optimax Systems, and Mr. Plympton, CEO of Optimax and Vice Chair of the Finger Lakes Workforce Investment Board, Inc., were presented with the 2019 award, having been credited with being an inspiration to local aspiring entrepreneurs.
Optimax was founded in 1991, Mr. Mandina was the first full time employee and Mr. Plympton joined in 1995. Since then the two have strived to grow the economic health of the Finger Lakes region and even have a program within Optimax to fund new companies that are started by employees with entrepreneurial spirit.
The Finger Lakes Workforce Investment Board and staff are proud to work closely with both Mr. Plympton and Mr. Mandina in strengthening our region. Congratulations!
An Intensive Training Program for Job Search & Success
Jump start your job search with this 5-day interactive, strategic approach to proactively managing your future.
- Learn how to redefine your skills to fit existing and emerging industries and occupations.
- Design a job search strategy to fit your values, skills and goals.
- Learn the marketing techniques that will get your message out to the people that make the hiring decisions.
- Discover the increased power of working in teams, led by certified career professionals.
- Navigate the obstacles and challenges of the changing economy and learn the new rules of job search.
- Master the ability to successfully transition into new directions of employment and control future employment paths.
Who Should Enroll in Career Navigator?
Job Seekers who:
- Desire to stay in the same field and who want to learn how to compete.
- Require an industry and/or career change based upon their transferable skills.
- Want support in identifying new search strategies, tools and techniques.
Day 1: Defining Strengths
Day 2: Search Strategies
Day 3: Branding and Marketing
Day 4: Communication and Decision Making
Day 5: Goal Setting and Accountability
Dates and Locations:
August 19th – August 23rd, 2019 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Ontario County Safety Training Facility, County Rd 48, Canandaigua
To Enroll, Contact:
Joseph.Lopez@dfa.state.ny.us at 585-396-4033
LeeAnn.Haust@dfa.state.ny.us at 315-789-1771 Ext 117