Hillside is currently hiring for Youth Care Professionals at our Monroe Avenue campus in
Rochester, NY. They have day/evening and overnight openings!
The Youth Care Professional I (YCP) performs functions related to the care and treatment of youth,
and assists in the development of life and social skills in a residential treatment setting. The
YCP I is an adult role model for youth and families in all behaviors, including communication, hygiene, appearance, management of self, response to stress, and in the demonstration of positive relationships with others.
Essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
• Demonstrates skills, abilities, and knowledge that promote a safe physical and emotional
environment for children and families within the context of their living environment.
• Performs job requirements with regular supervision, and is actively learning new areas of
expertise in order to fulfill a wider ranging set of responsibilities.
• May develop, implement, monitor and report on treatment objectives and modalities of the
• Recognizes differentiating behaviors, participates within designated treatment teams to
develop service and behavior management plans, and, as appropriate, based on skills and experience,
executes such plans aimed at assisting children/youth/families to achieve their personal goals and
• Demonstrates a capability for engaging youth and families in trust-based, productive
relationships in order to help children/youth and families prepare for transitions, interact in the
community, and promote respect and independence.
Requirements: High school diploma or GED is required. Bachelor’s degree in Human Services,
Psychology, Sociology or Education is preferred. 1-2 years of experience is preferred.
Candidates should have a valid driver’s license and meet agency driving standards.
To Apply: Please visit www.hillside.com/work.