An Intensive Training Program for Job Search & Success
Jump start your job search with this 5-day interactive, strategic approach to proactively managing your future.
- Learn how to redefine your skills to fit existing and emerging industries and occupations.
- Design a job search strategy to fit your values, skills and goals.
- Learn the marketing techniques that will get your message out to the people that make the hiring decisions.
- Discover the increased power of working in teams, led by certified career professionals.
- Navigate the obstacles and challenges of the changing economy and learn the new rules of job search.
- Master the ability to successfully transition into new directions of employment and control future employment paths.
Who Should Enroll in Career Navigator?
Job Seekers who:
- Desire to stay in the same field and who want to learn how to compete.
- Require an industry and/or career change based upon their transferable skills.
- Want support in identifying new search strategies, tools and techniques.
Day 1: Defining Strengths
Day 2: Search Strategies
Day 3: Branding and Marketing
Day 4: Communication and Decision Making
Day 5: Goal Setting and Accountability
Dates and Locations:
August 19th – August 23rd, 2019 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Ontario County Safety Training Facility, County Rd 48, Canandaigua
To Enroll, Contact:
Joseph.Lopez@dfa.state.ny.us at 585-396-4033
LeeAnn.Haust@dfa.state.ny.us at 315-789-1771 Ext 117
The New England Carpenters Training Fund (AKA Northeast Carpenters Apprenticeship Fund) will conduct a recruitment from June 3, 2019 through June 1, 2020 for 20 carpenter (pile driver/dock builder) apprentices.
Applications are available online at https://www.nectf.org/ during the recruitment period. Applicants who do not have Internet access may visit their local library or nearest New York State Department of Labor Career Center (https://www.labor.ny.gov/career-center-locator/location-list-all.php). Applications are also available at the information sessions indicated below.
Prior to submitting an application, applicants are required to attend an information session at the New England Carpenters Training Fund (NECTF), at:
16 Corporate Circle, Albany, NY 12203
21 Jetview Drive, Rochester, NY 14624
52 Stone Castle Road, Rock Tavern, NY 12575
6920 Princeton Court, Syracuse, NY 13212
The information sessions are held on the first Monday of each month at 6:00 P.M. If the first Monday falls on a holiday, the information session will occur on the second Monday of that month at 6:00 P.M. At the conclusion of the information session, a code will be provided, which is required to complete an application. If assistance is required for completing an on-line application, please visit the NECTF listed above, between the hours of 9:00 A.M. and 3:00 P.M., Monday through Friday.
Please contact the NECTF at (518) 438-0901 for availability of information sessions in additional locations. Applications will be available at these locations as well.