An Intensive Training Program for Job Search & Success
Jump start your job search with this 5-day interactive, strategic approach to proactively managing your future.
- Learn how to redefine your skills to fit existing and emerging industries and occupations.
- Design a job search strategy to fit your values, skills and goals.
- Learn the marketing techniques that will get your message out to the people that make the hiring decisions.
- Discover the increased power of working in teams, led by certified career professionals.
- Navigate the obstacles and challenges of the changing economy and learn the new rules of job search.
- Master the ability to successfully transition into new directions of employment and control future employment paths.
Who should enroll in Career Navigator?
Job Seekers who:
- Desire to stay in the same field and who want to learn how to compete.
- Require an industry and/or career change based upon their transferable skills.
- Want support in identifying new search strategies, tools and techniques.
Day 1: Defining Strengths
Day 2: Search Strategies
Day 3: Branding and Marketing
Day 4: Communication and Decision Making
Day 5: Goal Setting and Accountability
Dates and Locations:
Monday, February 25th through Friday March 1st, 2019 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Yates County Workforce Development, 417 Liberty St. Penn Yan
Lisa.Principio@dfa.state.ny.us or at 315-536-5140 Ext. 5
Seneca County Workforce Development, 1 DiPronio Drive, Waterloo, NY 13165
firstname.lastname@example.org or 315-539-1888
Wayne County Fire Training Center, 1525 Nye Rd., Lyons, NY 14489
email@example.com or call 315-946-7707
Location: Ontario County Safety Training Facility, County Road 48, Canandaigua
firstname.lastname@example.org or call (315) 789-1771 ext. 117
Joseph.Lopez@dfa.state.ny.us or call: 585-396-4033
The Finger Lakes Workforce Investment Board, Inc.
Wednesday, January 16, 2019
Time: 8:30 – 10:00 am
del Lago Resort & Casino
1133 NY414, Waterloo, NY 13165
For more information please call, 315-789-3131 ext 101.
The mission of the Finger Lakes Workforce Investment Board is to improve the economic well-being of job seekers and employees in the Finger Lakes region. The goal of the Finger Lakes Workforce Investment Board is to increase the employment, retention, and earnings of participants, increase occupational skill attainment by participants; and, as a result, improve the quality of the workforce; reduce welfare dependency; and enhance the productivity and competitiveness of the region.