Hillside Open Interviews for Teaching Assistants!
Hillside is hiring over 40 new Teaching Assistants
Monday, June 11th
Hosted at RochesterWorks!
276 Waring Road
Please bring a copy of your resume. Managers will be onsite to interview all qualified candidates!
You may also apply online before the event at www.hillside.com/work
Each October, ACCES-VR has the opportunity to celebrate National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM) and celebrate the work of all their partners, who join together to make the connection between businesses seeking qualified workers and workers, who just happen to be individuals with abilities. Based on the successes, ACCES-VR and their partners will be celebrating at multiple events across New York State. These celebrations will emphasize local businesses investing in their local human resources and providing the opportunity for skilled workers to contribute to their communities, earn a living wage and have meaningful careers.
ACCES Assistant Commissioner Debora Brown-Johnson said, “Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) program plays a critical role in assisting people with disabilities gain integrated employment in their communities. It is ACCES-VR’s mission to do this work on a daily basis and together with our partners, we are good at it! ACCES-VR has what I would call “effective alliances” that bring businesses, our community partners and qualified women and men with disabilities together to get the job done!! Equal employment for all ensures a strong New York State economy and ultimately a stronger national economy.”
Please consider nominating employers! This is a great opportunity to highlight the partnerships that are providing employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
Applications are due to Jennifer Geiger ( Jennifer.Geiger@NYSED.GOV ) by June 8th, 2018.
Rochester NDEAM event: Save the Date October 11th at Kodak Center for Performing Arts from 5-7pm.
The Finger Lakes Workforce Investment Board, Inc.
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
Time: 8:30 – 10:00 am
141 Central Avenue
Keuka Park, NY 14478
For more information please call, 315-789-3131 ext 101.
The mission of the Finger Lakes Workforce Investment Board is to improve the economic well-being of job seekers and employees in the Finger Lakes region. The goal of the Finger Lakes Workforce Investment Board is to increase the employment, retention, and earnings of participants, increase occupational skill attainment by participants; and, as a result, improve the quality of the workforce; reduce welfare dependency; and enhance the productivity and competitiveness of the region.
The Finger Lakes Regional Economic Development Council (FLREDC) is pleased to announce Round 8 of the New York State Consolidated Funding Application (CFA) is now open for projects seeking support from up to $750 million of available funding via dozens of State agency programs. Applications will be accepted until July 27th at 4:00pm SHARP.
The press release below includes detailed information about how to apply for CFA funding, including these important highlights…
- Use this link to learn all about CFA Round 8 and the REDC process from the 2018 Guidebook:
- Click here to access the CFA web portal to submit a project application:
Below are the various resource materials available to learn more about the CFA process:
- CFA Resource Manual: https://regionalcouncils.ny.gov/sites/default/files/2018-04/2018ResourcesAvailableGuide_0.pdf
- CFA Application Manual: https://regionalcouncils.ny.gov/sites/default/files/2018-04/2018CFAApplicationManual.pdf
A few other important details of note:
- CFA applicants are strongly encouraged to complete the attached Pathways to Prosperity Form and upload it with their CFA submission. This form was developed in partnership with the Rochester-Monroe Anti-Poverty Initiative to address our shared community goal of reducing poverty.
- Additional details will be sent separately for upcoming CFA workshops, which will be held on May 16th in Brockport and June 6th in Geneseo.
- Additional details will be sent separately related to the second competition of the Downtown Revitalization Initiative (DRI), including the FLREDC’s DRI selection process.
As always, you can always access all relevant information about the FLREDC at this website:
Please contact NYS-FingerLakes@esd.ny.gov with any questions.