An Intensive Training Program for Job Search & Success
Jump start your job search with this 5-day interactive, strategic approach to proactively managing your future.
▪ Learn how to redefine your skills to fit existing and emerging industries and occupations.
▪ Design a job search strategy to fit your values, skills and goals.
▪ Learn the marketing techniques that will get your message out to the people that make the hiring decisions.
▪ Discover the increased power of working in teams, led by certified career professionals.
▪ Navigate the obstacles and challenges of the changing economy and learn the new rules of job search.
▪ Master the ability to successfully transition into new directions of employment and control future employment paths.
Who should enroll in Career Navigator?
Job Seekers who:
▪ Desire to stay in the same field and who want to learn how to compete.
▪ Require an industry and/or career change based upon their transferable skills.
▪ Want support in identifying new search strategies, tools and techniques.
Day 1: Defining Strengths
Day 2: Search Strategies
Day 3: Branding and Marketing
Day 4: Communication and Decision Making
Day 5: Goal Setting and Accountability
Dates and Locations:
Monday, December 3 through Friday December 7th, 2018 from
9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Location: Ontario County Safety Training Facility, County Road 48, Canandaigua
See a Finger Lakes Works One Stop Staff Person
Space is limited please be sure to make a reservation soon!
Finger Lakes Workforce Investment Board
Equal Opportunity Employer/Program
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Michelle Coomber (center) receiving award from New York State Department of Labor Commissioner Roberta Reardon (right) with Nathaalie Carey, Deputy Commissioner for Administration and Chief Financial Officer at the Department of Labor. (on left).
Michelle received the Individual Award of Excellence from the State Commissioner of Labor last month in Albany.
Individual Award of Excellence recognizes someone who demonstrates consistent, excellent performance in everyday tasks and/or outstanding effort in a specific project or assignment, including results above and beyond expectations, excellent customer service, consistent quality work, high production levels and a continuous positive attitude. The person displays commitment, quality, integrity and professionalism in his or her work.
The Finger Lakes Workforce Investment Board congratulates Michelle for receiving this award for the service provided to veterans looking for employment.
FREE Management Training for Non-Profit Organizations
The Finger Lakes Workforce Investment Board, Inc. and Generations Bank
WHEN: Thursday, November 15, 2018 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
WHERE: Generations Bank Board Room 20 East Bayard Street Seneca Falls, NY 13148
RSVP: Name, agency and job title to email@example.com or call 315-789-3131 Ext. 102 by November 7, 2018 (Limited to 25 students)
WHY: Non-profit organizations have important missions to accomplish in today’s society. Every Executive Director wants to dedicate all funds to accomplish the mission. There is seldom any left over to help develop themselves and their management team. This program is intended to support the management teams of non-profit organizations by helping them to improve their leadership skill sets without diverting funding intended for their mission and clients.
WHO: Supervisors, Managers and Directors of non-profit organizations. Actually, anyone who has to get work accomplished through others’ efforts.
WHAT: One 4-hour training workshop. The workshop reviews the following topics:
• Performance Management – Setting Expectations
• Performance Management – Coaching for Excellence
• Performance Management – Counseling for Competence
• Manager AND Leader; Embrace the Genius of “AND”