The Finger Lakes Workforce Investment Board, Inc.
Wednesday, November 28, 2018
Time: 8:30 – 10:00 am
Ramada Geneva Lakefront
41 Lakefront Drive
Geneva, NY 14456
For more information please call, 315-789-3131 ext 101.
The mission of the Finger Lakes Workforce Investment Board is to improve the economic well-being of job seekers and employees in the Finger Lakes region. The goal of the Finger Lakes Workforce Investment Board is to increase the employment, retention, and earnings of participants, increase occupational skill attainment by participants; and, as a result, improve the quality of the workforce; reduce welfare dependency; and enhance the productivity and competitiveness of the region.
An Intensive Training Program for Job Search & Success
Jump start your job search with this 5-day interactive, strategic approach to proactively managing your future.
▪ Learn how to redefine your skills to fit existing and emerging industries and occupations.
▪ Design a job search strategy to fit your values, skills and goals.
▪ Learn the marketing techniques that will get your message out to the people that make the hiring decisions.
▪ Discover the increased power of working in teams, led by certified career professionals.
▪ Navigate the obstacles and challenges of the changing economy and learn the new rules of job search.
▪ Master the ability to successfully transition into new directions of employment and control future employment paths.
Who should enroll in Career Navigator?
Job Seekers who:
▪ Desire to stay in the same field and who want to learn how to compete.
▪ Require an industry and/or career change based upon their transferable skills.
▪ Want support in identifying new search strategies, tools and techniques.
Day 1: Defining Strengths
Day 2: Search Strategies
Day 3: Branding and Marketing
Day 4: Communication and Decision Making
Day 5: Goal Setting and Accountability
Dates and Locations:
Monday, December 3 through Friday December 7th, 2018 from
9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Location: Ontario County Safety Training Facility, County Road 48, Canandaigua
See a Finger Lakes Works One Stop Staff Person
Space is limited please be sure to make a reservation soon!
Finger Lakes Workforce Investment Board
Equal Opportunity Employer/Program
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Michelle Coomber (center) receiving award from New York State Department of Labor Commissioner Roberta Reardon (right) with Nathaalie Carey, Deputy Commissioner for Administration and Chief Financial Officer at the Department of Labor. (on left).
Michelle received the Individual Award of Excellence from the State Commissioner of Labor last month in Albany.
Individual Award of Excellence recognizes someone who demonstrates consistent, excellent performance in everyday tasks and/or outstanding effort in a specific project or assignment, including results above and beyond expectations, excellent customer service, consistent quality work, high production levels and a continuous positive attitude. The person displays commitment, quality, integrity and professionalism in his or her work.
The Finger Lakes Workforce Investment Board congratulates Michelle for receiving this award for the service provided to veterans looking for employment.