9:00am – 11:00am
For Entry Level as well as Skilled Manufacturing positions in Wayne County and the Surrounding areas.
Finger Lakes Works Career Center/
NYS Department of Labor
1519 Nye Road, Suite 601
Lyons, NY 14489
The Finger Lakes Workforce Investment Board, Inc.
Wednesday, September 19, 2018
Time: 8:30 – 10:00 am
Ramada Geneva Lakefront
41 Lakefront Drive
Geneva, NY 14456
For more information please call, 315-789-3131 ext 101.
The mission of the Finger Lakes Workforce Investment Board is to improve the economic well-being of job seekers and employees in the Finger Lakes region. The goal of the Finger Lakes Workforce Investment Board is to increase the employment, retention, and earnings of participants, increase occupational skill attainment by participants; and, as a result, improve the quality of the workforce; reduce welfare dependency; and enhance the productivity and competitiveness of the region.
Located on Routes 5&20 between Geneva and Waterloo, Finger Lakes Equipment Rental has been providing equipment to the area since owner Ray Turri left his machinist job in 2007, a recent Finger Lakes Times article stated. Finger Lakes Works is proud of the relationship with Finger Lakes Equipment Rental that has developed over the years. Finger Lakes Equipment Rental has used Finger Lakes Works On-the-Job-Training (OJT) program to find and train new workers. They have also been a Summer Youth Work Site for Seneca County Summer Youth Program. Additionally, they have supported “Finger Lakes Works…with their hands!”, a skilled-trades career exploration event for high school students, by donating heavy equipment for demonstrations.
Click here for the full Finger Lakes Times article.
The Coordinator will coordinate with 6 area school districts to implement activities outlined in their grant funded Math /Science Partnership Grants including:
- Working with districts and advanced manufacturers to coordinate industry tours for educators and students to provide them opportunities to gain up to date industry applied content knowledge and to allow teachers to work with people in STEM related careers
- Arrange for the employers to visit classrooms to discuss STEM Careers
- Provide opportunities to work with people working in STEM Careers to gain information on Project Based Learning opportunities that can be implemented by teachers with students
- Arrange for employers to work with educators on Math and Science curriculum
- Coordinate the work of the District Coordinators to share best practices
- Create a menu of activities available to the districts and coordinate participation
- Work with districts to identify and develop other activities directly related to the grant
- Participate on each district’s Math and Science Partnership as available
This position is grant funded for the period September 1, 2018 to August 31, 2019.
To view more regarding the required qualifications, preferred skills and abilities, etc., please follow the link below:
FAME Math and Science Partnership Coordinator
Submit resume, cover letter and list of references by e-mail or U.S. Mail
Karen A. Springmeier, Executive Director
41 Lewis St. Suite 104
Geneva, New York 14456
Telephone 315 789-3131 Ext. 102