Rochester Business Journal named 100 Rochester community leaders to their inaugural Power 100 list including Rick Plympton, Optimax Systems CEO and FLWIB Chairperson. Rick’s efforts include building collaborative workforce relationships and efforts that ensure gainful and equal employment opportunities in the Finger Lakes region. Join us in congratulating Mr. Plympton for this recognition! Learn more about recipients who have and continue to assist our communities from rescue to recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic here: RBJ article.
Virtual Career Navigator
An Intensive Training Program for
Job Search & Success
Jump start your job search with this on-line, 5-day interactive, strategic approach to proactively managing your future.
- Learn how to redefine your skills to fit existing and emerging industries and occupations.
- Design a job search strategy to fit your values, skills and goals.
- Learn the marketing techniques that will get your message out to the people that make the hiring decisions.
- Discover the increased power of working in teams, led by certified career professionals.
- Navigate the obstacles and challenges of the changing economy and learn the new rules of job search.
- Master the ability to successfully transition into new directions of employment and control future employment paths.
Who should enroll in Career Navigator?
Job Seekers who:
- Desire to stay in the same field and who want to learn how to compete.
- Require an industry and/or career change based upon their transferable skills.
- Want support in identifying new search strategies, tools and techniques.
Day 1: Defining Strengths
Day 2: Search Strategies
Day 3: Branding and Marketing
Day 4: Communication and Decision Making
Day 5: Goal Setting and Accountability
Dates and Locations:
Monday, March 15 through March 19th 9:00am-1:00pm
This is program will be presented on-line through Zoom Meeting Platform. To register contact the career center nearest you (see list below). Once you are registered you will receive an invitation e-mailed to you with log-on instructions. And, you will be mailed a workbook/manual to be used in the program.
To register contact:
Ontario County Workforce Development 3010 County Complex Drive, Canandaigua, NY
or call (315) 789-1771
Seneca County Workforce Development, 1 DiPronio Drive, Waterloo, NY
or call 315-539-1914
Wayne County Workforce Development, 1525 Nye Rd., Lyons, NY
or call 315-946-7707
Yates County Workforce Development 417 Liberty Street, Penn Yan, NY
or call 315.536.5140, ext. 5
Wayne County Economic Development has partnered with Edge Factor to bring advanced manufacturing and other local hands-on careers to life! Check out www.edgefactor.com/wayneny to see how many local employers you recognize!
More about Edge Factor: Edge Factor empowers communities to tackle workforce development, inspire students, reach parents, and build relationships between local companies, schools, and families. We equip K-12 and postsecondary schools, businesses, workforce development organizations, and families with e-learning tools to showcase industries and careers, teach soft skills, show how STEAM comes alive in the real world, and highlight local training and career opportunities. www.edgefactor.com.